Friday, January 4, 2013

Cake Shoppe Birthday Party

For Hailey's 8th birthday I decided to throw her a Bake Shoppe Birthday Party.  I saw a similar party HERE and I fell in love with the idea. Tiffany from Mrs This & That Designs made the adorable invitations. I made an Anthropologie inspired backdrop from card stock, tissue paper and pages from old books. Ann from Crowshaw Cakes made the Ombre Rosette cake. 

I thought about making the personal cakes and I decided that was too much work for me.  Thankfully the grocery store just down the street was able to make the perfect cake for the girls. For the cake stands I went to the dollar store and bought candle stick holders and plates.  I spray painted them light pink and glued them together with E-6000 glue. 



















Each girl had their own chef hat and apron.  I had fancy plans to add ruffles to the aprons but between Christmas and Hailey's birthday on Christmas Eve I ran out of time. So fabric markers had to do.  The girls loved this part.  I am so glad we did this.  While they were decorating the girls listened to all of their favorite Taylor Swift songs.










For the cake decorating the girls used various types of sprinkles and sugar pearls. I put different colors of frosting in icing bags and let the girls have fun!






Here are the girls with their finished products. 


For the cake toppers I used two paper straws and made a pendant banner with their names.




I love my 4 year old niece's cake!








The girls took home their decorated cakes, cake stand, chef hat and aprons.


Love, Christy



Chef Hats and Aprons: Amazon
Rosette Cake: Crowshaw Cakes
Personal Cakes: Fresh Market 
Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. This is SO adorable!! You did a really great job and I'm sure all the girls had a blast decorating their cakes. :D I will definitely pin this!
    -Kayla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. We would absolutely LOVE if you pinned this!

      Delete
  2. This idea is BRILLIANT! You did an amazing job and the DIY is wonderful! Since having my daughter I have tried to think of fun ways to celebrate her birthdays and hopefully this birthday coming up.... I could totally do this for her. She may be to young though she will be turning 4.... we will see. Definitely in the future if not this birthday.

    Happy Weekend!

    P.S. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like the idea. My 4 year old niece was there and she loved it too. She did need a bit more help than the other girls though. Let us know if you do a party like this.

      Delete
  3. So cute! I can't wait to have little girls so I can throw them gorgeous little birthday parties like this :) The DIY cake stands are an awesome idea.

    X
    Molly
    thecottagediaries.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a POSH party Christy!! Thanks for sharing it over at Delightful Order. Planning a birthday party for girls is so much fun isn't it?!?! I love to plan my daughters (and spend a lot of time at it I might add). I could see her really enjoying a "Cake Shoppe" theme! Nice job! Great pic's b.t.w.

    Becky
    poshpinkgiraffe.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, this is epic! can't wait to have littles of my own to do this stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! I love it! The girls must have had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So stinking cute!! We are using this adorable idea for my little sisters bday! Great Job Christy! LOVE IT!!! BTW thanks for the shout out :)xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is just the cutest thing ever! It makes me wish my daughter was little again. I'm now following ;-) If you get the chance, stop by my blog...I'm hosting my very first giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this party is incredible!! cant get over how perfect everything is :) newest follower! xo annalizbeth

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is seriously such a cute idea!!!

    Jessica
    ncgrown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete