Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Moss Wreath



I have seen a variety of different moth wreaths and couldn't wait to get started on my own. I went to my favorite store Hobby Lobby and picked up a straw wreath (a lot cheaper than a foam wreath), a bag of spanish moss, burlap and my hot glue gun. 

 Two of my friends and I got together to make these beauties.  All you have to do is grab a handful of moss, put glue on the wreath and stick it on. My friend Aimee told me I am not a true crafter because my hot glue gun is so small.  I think it's just cute and compact! If I was to make this wreath again I would use spray adhesive, because you could see the hot glue after it dried.

This is the after math. Moss everywhere, and 8 diet cokes later we have success.
For the bow I just cut a strip of burlap and tied it on.  What do you think? 
Enjoy- Christy





Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. I saw your post on not JUST a Housewife. Very cute and simple wreath. I love it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This wreath turned out great! I love moss - so green and springy! It really stands out on your door. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your cute blog and I love it! You two girls are adorable, and so are all your cute crafts and fun stories. I'm your newest follower!
    xo,
    Laurie @ Gallamore West

    ReplyDelete